How To Make Pineapple Soup
- Catfish fillet (or whole catfish cut into small pieces or shrimp, lobster, crab, chicken)
- Pineapple (cut in cubes)
- Tomatoes (sliced into wedges)
- Lotus roots (cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths)
- Garlic (fried golden)
- Fish sauce
- Bring water to a boil over medium-high heat
- Add tamarind paste and stir
- Add catfish fillet under a broiler until cooked
- Add sugar, salt, fish sauce then stir
- Add lotus root, pineapple, tomatoes, then reduce to a simmer (not overcooked vegetables)
- Add cilantro, basil, fried garlic, then take off the heat
Serve the soup ladled into warmed soup bowls or pineapple bowl and garnished with basil and fried garlic.
If you want to learn how to make a pineapple bowl, watch the video HERE.