Lemongrass Seafood Soup
-Mixed Seafood: Shrimp, Imitation Crabmeat, Crab, Mussels, Scallops, Calamari, Sliced fish fillet
-32 oz Seafood or Chicken stock
-1 stalk of lemongrass, cut into 2-3 inches
-4 Kaffir lime leaves
– Galangal or ginger (4 slices)
– Tablespoons Thai chili paste (2 tablespoons)
– Fish sauce (2 tablespoons)
– Juice of two limes
– Sugar (1 teaspoon)
– 8 oz. fresh white button mushrooms, quartered
– Fresh coriander (cilantro), cut into 1-2 inches
How to Make It
- Pour seafood stock with lemongrass, lime leaves, galangal (or ginger), fish sauce, and sugar in a soup pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Add the mushrooms. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until mushrooms are soft.
- Add Thai chili paste. Stir until combined.
- Add the mixed seafood . Simmer over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes until shrimps and crabmeat turn pink and mussels have opened. Crabs, scallops, fishes should be firm to the touch. (Turn off the head.Do not overcook them.)
- Add smashed chilies, and lime juice. Taste it then add more or less to your like. This soup should taste salty, a little sweet and sour.
- Add fresh cilantro in a bowl or hotpot at last when you’re ready to eat at the lunch/ dinner table.
*Please note we don’t eat galangal, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves. We just use them for flavor.